Kyoto was as beautiful as I imagine, it’s a really charming city however the time I went there there was a bit too many tourists to my taste, I didn’t try to go off the beaten tracks too much as the time was limited and things you to visit there were nice enough.
Where to sleep in Kyoto
For the accommodation, I choose the OYO Ryokan Seiki Kyoto Station, it was like most hotels in Japan very clean.
The location is just a 3-minute walk from Hachijo East Exit of Kyoto Station which is very convenient as Kyoto Station to Gion District is an 11 min ride by subway.
Things to visit in Kyoto
- The Fushimi Inari shrine and Kyomizu Buddhist temple (a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Golden Temple (Kinkaku-ji)
- Arashiyama temple with a stunning bamboo grove and Iwatayama monkey park where you can feed monkeys
- Mount Hiei (Hiei-zan) with a French Style flower garden
- Gion District where you can spot some Geishas if you are lucky.